Mar 2, 2009

Beware Paypal Members!

Saturday evening (February 28), I checked out my emails...... there are comments to my blogposts, Paypal payments, updates from other blogs I subscribed with, and the never ending notifications telling me that I won from this and that thing-y! Oh, how will i get rid of those emails! Everyday, I am receiving not lower that 10 notifications from different email address stating there that I won into something. I know those were not true....whatever their agenda is, I don't care I just delete them immediately! But this one caught my attention, PAYPAL(?!?) sent me an email with this content :

click to enlarge

This is convincing, I really thought I won 500 dollars already! But when I tried to claim my prize, they were asking for so many infos like my credit card number and even my PIN. See pic below.

click to enlarge

I emailed Sweetytots about it so someone could at least help me double check if it's true. I don't know how to check it but I had a feeling that this is not true and this is just one of the spammers / scammers using the internet to abuse people like me. Sweetytots checked the link given in the letter and she found out that the website is not existing. Oh God, how come the link is automatically directing to PAYPAL's site if it's a FAKE notification? Does PAYPAL know that someone was using their site? And if ever I really won how come they were asking for my credit card number and PIN??? Oh gosh, I am confused! I didn't claim the $500 prize because they were asking for credit card and PIN, good thing I don't have one heheheh!
I am not really sure if this one is true, I just wanted to warn PAYPAL members! If somebody wants to give their opinion about this please feel free to leave a comment.
And oh, one thing more, I just received another notification today (march 3) from PAYPAL again. Here's the screenshot.....

click to enlarge

This one came from a different email address - office@paypal.customercenters.com
while the first one came from this email address - administrative@paypal.administrative.com

Oh please somebody help me, do you think it's true?


6 comments:

Nuvofelt said...

This sounds like a scam, I think you should contact PayPal through your normal way and send them the details. I've had some like this too.

Fifi Flowers said...

I have received other Pay Pal scams... make sure you ALWAYS report them to Pay Pal.

Babette said...

These scammers spoofed PayPal's site, meaning they made a site that looks like the PayPal site. Whenever you receive an email from Paypal, the real email will have your real name. Also, do not click on any links in an email. Just open a new browser and type in the Paypal URL so you'll be sure you're going to the legitimate paypal site.

earthlingorgeous said...

ooops jes this is a scam. don't bother too much especially if the e-mail says they did a raffle of emails and yours was picked, especially if you haven't joined any contest from them.

earthlingorgeous said...

tapos sis ingat sa mga sinasalihan at sinasign-upan mo may hacker daw sa mga blogs and YM na Filipino: read info here: http://www.pinoymoneytalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8436.0

Sherry Go Sharing said...

I like free money too but its too sad I do not believe them at all. Who will simply giving free money with out any terms and conditions?


thanks for this post. I will beware too!

My Birthday!

Our Wedding Anniversary

Credits

Femikey