Jun 6, 2011

The Impact of "Thin"


Contribution by Stevie Kirby
I watched my favorite documentary "Thin" on satellite TV that I got after seeing this www.directstartv.com, for the first time a few years ago. It became my favorite documentary because my previous teacher was in it but also because I could really feel the struggle that each person went through. It was inspirational to see them try and overcome their fears since I have my own I suffer from. Watching Polly, Shelly, Alyssa, Brittany and the rest of the individuals go through their struggle helps others know their not alone and they can get help.
The ! movie stars individuals who are seeking help to overcome obstacles like anorexia. Some of them purge and binge, others have been feeding themselves through a tube. They all are afraid of losing weight and most have been this way for years. Brittany in particular had a mother with an eating disorder and they would chew and spit food together.
Alyssa is so inspirational for those who knew her past the movie like me. Seeing the movie really brought tears to my eyes because I saw her as a teacher and overcoming some of her struggles.
One of the highlights of the movie to me was watching Polly eat a cupcake for her birthday despite how much she didn't want to. Just proving that she can do it was inspiring. She fought the urge to throw it back up and it's a hard thing to face.

No comments:

My Birthday!

Our Wedding Anniversary

Credits

Femikey